Saturday 19 November 2011

Things are Starting to Come Together

Its amazing how up to date you can stay on the blog when your unemployed. I feel more productive then ever. To bad I dont get paid for it.

Alrighty....15 days living in Brighton. What have we accomplished?

After eight days of sleeping on the floor and sharing the couch as a bed. We have mattress'. We have slept in ALOT of hostels, but even the worst bed was a throne compared to our sleeping arrangment.
Went to the YMCA in hove. And got a huge dinosaur tv for 25 pounds. Even picks up FIVE channels! What lucky girls we are. However British tv is hard to follow. The accent mixed with the mumble is tough to understand. Can we write off the tv as research?

Bought some dishes from the Pound Store. Yep, thats right...cheap and only a pound. Thats going to take some getting used to...Pound, not Dollar. We have lovely penguin plastic dishes. And I found a Belle mug. *sigh* lucky!

After some terrifying days and creative ideas about what I will do if I cant get a job. I finally joined the working world again. Giraffe. Chain resturant, fast paced, fun filled character who are emplyed there ( I just know we will get along!) and they love to pride themselves on friendly happy servers. Sounds like Swiss eh? Just my kind of place!! I might even get some tips!!! Heres to hoping.

Set up our utility bills. Still have no idea if its a set price, when to pay it, or where to pay it. We'll figure that out later. I think its an accomplishment that would could understand the representative enough to set it up.

Got a bank account. No money in there....but the fact I dont have to walk inside HSBC ever again...makes me estatic!

Met the neighbors the flat above us. Three young boys that are going to school part time, living off their parents money, and play alot of video games. Shy, but they invited us up to their flat for a drink. Super nice boys....we are waiting for the right time to ask for their wifi password. Fingers crossed!

Even though money is tight, we went out looking for friends. We are STRAVED for conversation. Last night, me and stef had an entire conversation with the guy that sold us our yogurt at the supermarket.
Nice guy, his birthday is tomm and he turns 50. I know....sad. Unfortunatly, the night while fun.....did not make us any friends. But the music was pumping. Is there such a thing as online friend sites that set you up with new friends in your area? Like, friendsforlife.co.uk?

Either way, through the stress, fears, and tears...its been nice to have each other. Can't imagine doing all this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment