Wednesday 27 March 2013

Christmas With the Boorers



Another Christmas away from home. When your away...it really doesnt feel like Christmas, regardless you still dont want to spend it alone. Luckly, James (my boyfriend) family invited me to Birmingham to spend Christmas with them. Getting just enough time off work, I was looking forward to spending Christmas with someones family. Stef and Trisha were spending it with their friends and boyfriends in Brighton. Having dinner at a friends house and going for a drink the night before.

I had to work 6am till 4pm on Christmas eve then run to the train station to make it to Birmingham that night. Travelling on Christmas eve is quiet and expensive...that ticket was a small fortune...but worth it. I got to Birmingham late that night and his Dad and James picked me up at the station. The whole family was there and we spent the evening chatting. With five sisters, James, and his parents its a full house. But fun, there is always someone to hang out or chat to.

Christmas morning we had breakfast and opened presents. With so many people in the family, plus grandparents and boyfriends...Ive never seen so many presents under the tree! It was crazy!

His family got me some lovely gifts and made me feel right at home. They knew it was hard for me to be away from my family and wanted me to feel welcome!

The Boorer's celebrate christmas like most families...we spent a wonderful day chilling playing games and chatting. That night Pam make the most fantasitc feast I've ever seen. It was superb.

That night we played Cranium, the game I bought the family. It was great fun...especially with so many people. I even got James dad to do a charade of a beaver, which was so funny I almost wee'd myself.

However, issues came up with the fact that its a Canadian version of Cranium. We were doing the group activity of drawing. Your partner draws it out and your to guess what it is. There was much hushed whisper as to what it was...everyone seemed confused. I was one of the people guessing....time up no one knew got the drawing. The card....Tube Top. I burst into laughter as I explained its a type of shirt. I looked at the drawings of steel tubes with an arrow pointing to the top and laughed harder. A bit awkward cause no one else was laughing but I thought it was hillarious!

Spending time with the Boorers is like the perfect family, with six kids you would expect fights or tension of some sort....but they all get along brillantly...its amazing. It an absolute blast spending time with them!

Of course it was a short Christmas for me. I had to return back to work the next day. But although its sad that It was another Christmas away from home, at least I had the Boorers to ease the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment